cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Sense 2.0 Won't Load QVF - Causes Disk Space Issue

I've running Qlik Sense since it was first released. I upgrade to 2.0 two weeks ago and I'm now having a problem. It started when I opened Qlik Sense and tried to create an app - it was just loading, loading, loading, etc. Then my computer says I'm out of disk space. It created a nearly 40GB empty QVF which I deleted (after quitting Qlik Sense). I decided to open a pre-existing app I created in a previous version (I think 1.1) and that too caused the same issue. So I closed it, deleted the bloated file, and then opened one of the demo files included by Qlik - same issue.

At this moment I'm unable to open or create any QVFs. Any ideas? I'm running Qlik Sense 2.0.1 on a virtual machine with Windows 7 (64-bit).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

With some help from some great folks at Qlik I finally have a  solution. In VMware turn off sharing on the "Documents" folder. See attached screen shot. Screen Shot.png

Works great now! And you can still leave sharing on if you want to easily transfer files between computers.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I'd recommend contacting support regarding this. There is a known bug that, on the surface, seems like it could be at play, but a more in-depth analysis will be required to confirm.

jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Just sent a note to Support. I hope to get it resolved shortly. Trying to create some visualizations and build a case to adopt Qlik Sense as our offering.

jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I think I'll switch to QlikView or Qlik Sense Cloud for now...but I'd like to get Qlik Sense working and make use of it.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I'm sorry to hear that. I have not heard of this issue in Qlik Cloud but it also tends to feature size limitations of apps which may prevent the incidence of this sort of issue. I double checked on the original bug that was reported and R&D has indicated that it should be fixed in 2.0.3. As you can imagine it was quite highly prioritized so I would check the release notes for bug ID QLIK-34486 to ensure that it was fixed in the next service release

jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hopefully 2.0.3 will fix it. To be clear, it's not happening in Qlik Cloud but with Qlik Sense Desktop. But the data set is too big for Qlik Cloud, so I'll have to work in QlikView for now.

jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I've installed 2.1.1 and still the same problem. I'm not sure if it's an issue running it on a virtual pc (VMware) but it's still a completely useless product for me on Windows 7 and Windows 10 (64 bit in both cases) on virtual machines. I would love to be able to use it like I was able to with version 1 that worked just fine with the same hardware/software environment.

jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

With some help from some great folks at Qlik I finally have a  solution. In VMware turn off sharing on the "Documents" folder. See attached screen shot. Screen Shot.png

Works great now! And you can still leave sharing on if you want to easily transfer files between computers.