Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik WebTickets and clustering

Hello,

I am interested in configuring and installing Qlik server in the clustering mode and using WebTickets. Right now it works fine with 1 server, but if I add another behind LB, in my mind, WebTickets don't have any sense anymore since WebTicket issued by a server #1 is not respected by a server #2 because there is no any session state sharing between the servers.

Is there any way to make this scenario valid? IIS farm, 2 Qlik server and using WebTickets auth mechanism?

1 Reply
Marcus_Spitzmiller

GetWebTicket() does indeed work in a clustered environment.  Two things are important here: #1 is that your load balancer must be configured to use sticky sessions, and #2 the Ticket is really issued at the web layer / AccessPoint, not at the QVS layer.  So the load balancer will route a user to Webserver A and a Ticket is issued.  Next when you redirect to an app, the same web server receives the ticket (assuming sticky sessions) back from the portal or whatever you are integrating with, and AccessPoint will know which QVS to send the user to.

Hope this helps...

Marcus