Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikOcx.ocx Version 10 causes crash of application on Win7 64bit

I have a small VB.NET application with the ocx embedded (version 10). The ocx is registered during install with 'vsdrfCOMSelfReg'. On a Win7 32bit system it runs perfect but not on 64bit! One can open a document and work with but when the user closes the application Windows says that the application is not working anymore and wants the user to choose between 3 options: close or debug application or search for a solution online (the usual crash window in Windows7). Problemdetails are (in German, sorry):

Beschreibung:
Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Application Name: ViCon BIS.exe
Application Version: 2.5.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4d8b17dd
Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdbde
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00011398
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

I tried a lot of things to solve that. Gave everybody writing rights for the installation folder and especially the ocx. Register the ocx again as administrator. Try to stop the ocx before closing my application within the source code:

QVocx.Application.Quit()

But this causes an even worse exception. Can anybody help? Thanks a lot in advance.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I found it myself!

The problem is the automatic COM registration of the Visual Studio Setup (Register property of Qlikocx.ocx: vsdrfCOMSelfReg). The ocx works well if you set this property to 'DoNotRegister' and do it with the regsrv32 at the end of the setup (manually or by code doesn't matter).

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I forgot:
Compiled for x86 CPUs, embedded is the 32bit version of the ocx
Not applicable
Author

I found it myself!

The problem is the automatic COM registration of the Visual Studio Setup (Register property of Qlikocx.ocx: vsdrfCOMSelfReg). The ocx works well if you set this property to 'DoNotRegister' and do it with the regsrv32 at the end of the setup (manually or by code doesn't matter).

Regards

mambi
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Sir,

i'm facing the same problem as you describe, i want to try your solution but i can't find the property Register  to set it to "DoNotRegister"

i know it's been a while that you published this solution, but i really need your help;

thanks in advance .