Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView 10 Personal Edition for ODBC connecction.

Hi,

I have tried to find out document or useful information how to connection to MS Access /ODBC connection using QlikView 10.

Do you have any tutorials to make database connection using ODBC. actually, I already set up the ODBC driver for MS Access 2007 in Windows 7. however, when I see the Qlikview 10 Personal Edition, there is no any option or menu item to set up the ODBC connection. Do I miss something ?

File->New : it does not work , it only accepts Excel file.s

any idea or any direction will be appreciated.

thanks

Paul.

3 Replies
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Paul

File->New takes you into the Excel Getting Started Wizard. It doesnt support ODBC today. You need to cancel out of that and enter the script editor (ctrl-E or via file menu in a document). From there you can select a connection to an ODBC data source

John

Not applicable
Author

I have Microsoft Office 2010, QV 10 64 bit and Windows 7 64 bit and I am completely unable to connect to a new Access Database. I got an existing connection to work by changing CONNECT to CONNECT32 - took a bit to find that in the QV documentation!

Here's what I'm doing:

Step 1: Tried to set up User DSNs, ODBC utility didn't have Access drivers available

Step 2: Changed the path of Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Data Sources(ODBC) shortcut to %windir%\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe to get access the 32 bit. Now I have the Access drivers - yay! BUT

Step 3: Tried to set up a DSN, but in the file select dialogue I can't navigate to my user account on the machine to create a DSN for the database I'm trying to connect to.

Anyone?

Not applicable
Author

I have similar problem as you- Problem in accessing to the Microsoft Access DSN from QlikView in  Window 7 64 bits . I have managed to setup the DSN using odbcad32.exe, I can view the DSN name as shown in the figure below but cannot retrieve the data from the selected DSN shown in the figure below . Any one who had a solution ? 

NWindDSN.png