cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

QlikView 12.4 SR1 Pivot Table issue

We have just upgraded from QV 12.1 SR8 to QV 12.4 SR1 in our test environment.

We are seeing what looks like a bug in pivot tables.

If any dimension in the pivot table contains a function or even a comment after the field, when the pivot table is collapsed the dimension headers are still visible.

The forum won't allow me to post an image.

If we remove the function or comment so the dimension is just a field name, then the dimension headers collapse as expected.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? 

Do you have a solution other than changing all pivot tables to remove function and comments from dimensions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

I opened a ticket with Qlik. Their rsponse:

"This was reported to R&D via bugs QV-16336 and QLIK-84622. The bug regarding the collapse behavior was closed as working as designed."

View solution in original post

6 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

can you give an example of the function you use as calculated dimension
m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

Any function will do. I tried upper(Field), Date(Field,'MM/DD/YYYY'), if(Field='Value'.Field). Even Field //Comment.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

I attached a qvw to show the issue.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

This qvw better shows the issue. All the dimension sare expanded. Then the first dimension is collapsed.

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

That  is odd. i agree i am able to replicate the behavior from scratch (not on your qvw)

Did you raise ticket with qlik?

Unfortunatly i can think of anything other than moving the calculation to the script. Sorry

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

I opened a ticket with Qlik. Their rsponse:

"This was reported to R&D via bugs QV-16336 and QLIK-84622. The bug regarding the collapse behavior was closed as working as designed."