Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView 12 and Macros

I am in dire need of help here.

We have an existing QlikView 11 installation developed by a third party supplier.

We are trying to upgrade to QlikView 12 but are seeing some errors.

We were advised by Qlik that this could be down to macros which were being used in our documents.

We have found one macro

// Convert the Grid References from CRSCH into lat/longs using the ENToLatLng macro function.

Long_Lat:

LOAD SubField(LatLng, '_', 1) as Latitude,

SubField(LatLng, '_', 2) as Longitude,

LatLng,

Key;

Load ENToLatLng([Grid Ref Easting],[Grid Ref Northing]) as LatLng, 

Key

Resident CrimeTmp;

STORE Long_Lat INTO $(TMPDir)\TMP - CRIME LONG LAT TMP.QVD (QVD); //Mod in v0.25

DROP TABLE Long_Lat;

But as I have only done the basic course and this is my first time trying to debug QlikView I am stuck as to how to continue.

Where is the Macro stored?

Is this a custom written macro or do other people use it?

What are the differences between how QV11 and QV12 use macros.

I am a developer by trade just very very new to QlikView.

If I had written the code maybe I would stand a better chance but unfortunately that is not the case.

3 Replies
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Phil,

You can find the macro code in below path.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for that reply.

At least I now know where the thing is now just got to figure out why it runs in 11 but not 12

teempi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hey,

The new BNF script mode has some problems when using macros in script. Try adding this line as the first line in the script:

///$bnf off

This solved our macro problems. It can supposedly also be enabled globally on the server but I've not tried that.

edit: just for reference QlikView November 2017 and JScript Modules not ... | Qlik Community

-Teemu