Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView 9 Personal Edition

Hello,

does anybody know, how QlikView PE detects, wheather opened file was created on same computer (same QlikView instance)?

Today I am facing problem, that I cannot open any of my QlikView files (some of them I haven't changed for weeks). Yesterday was everything ok (one file was ok even an hour ago).

And yes, I am sure I am working on same computer:).

I would be grateful for any advice, some files are weeks of work for me.

Thanks

Tomas

6 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello tomas,

According to the reference, every qlikview document is saved with a user key which is tied to the user and computer.

Have you changed the user on the computer ? Didn't you have the chance to recover the file (You should be able to do it 4 times)

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

according to some posts, the identity assigned by qlikview depends partly on your network connections state (connected/disconnected, enabled/disabled)

Not applicable
Author

jgeorge wrote:
according to some posts, the identity assigned by qlikview depends partly on your network connections state (connected/disconnected, enabled/disabled)<div></div>

... hmmm ... interesting ...

Where have you read this? In an official docu?

Best regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hello jgeorge,

I think this would be the problem - I changed network before the accident (this was the only change).

Before I was forced to turn my internet off (I am connecting with usb modem), when I wanted to work with QlikView.

So I recommand everybody working with QV PE to disconnect from anywhere before saving QV documents. I haven't found this "feature" anywhere, so I don't know wheather this is bug or not.

Best regards to everybody

Tomas

Not applicable
Author

i read it in this thread : http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/17848.aspx

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I missed that one:).

Unfortunately this is one-way step - once you corrupted your QV PE (disconnecting in a wrong way), your work is doomed:). I don't think this is lucky solution without explicit warnings.

T.