Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Calendar object is not filtering chart?

I'm new to QlikView, primarily being a C#/SQL developer.  I have a Straight Table chart with some data, including a specific date that I want to filter on.  My requirements are that I'm to add a widget to allow the user to select a start/end date range.

I have created two Slider/Calendar objects, set to Calendar for the display type.  I have the following code in my Script (names have been anonymized) for the date variables:

/* Start of Script */

Date_Range:

LOAD

Date(Max(Deduction_Date)) AS Max,

Date(Min(Deduction_Date)) AS Min

RESIDENT Deductions_Table;

LET vMax = Date(Peek('Max', 0, 'Date_Range'), 'MM/DD/YYYY';

LET vMin = Date(Peek('Min', 0, 'Date_Range'), 'MM/DD/YYYY';

LET vStartDate = '';

LET vEndDate = '';

/* End of Script */

Assume that Deductions_Table is a straightforward SQL select of some rows in a database table that just loads the information into Qlik.  My calendar controls are set to Variable(s) with the correct variable specified for each and I have verified through the use of an Input Box control that they are populating when I select a date.

On Document Properties, under the Triggers tab, I have added actions for vStartDate and vEndDate as follows:

OnChange -> Select in Field

Field: Deduction_Date

Search String: ='>=' & vStartDate & '<=' & vEndDate

What I would expect to happen is if I select a start date of 4/1/2016 and an end date of 4/5/2016 that my chart will filter to only records where the Deduction_Date field falls within that range.  However, it doesn't seem to be filtering at all and I see dates that are from, using the prior example, 3/1/2016 even though I have the date range specified as 4/1/2016 - 4/5/2016.  I have a tab with a "data dump" of the records and can see that the Deduction_Date list box is NOT showing any filters applied when I change the dates in the calendar control.

I am clearly missing something, but I am not sure what.  Any advice?

Thanks and regards,

Wayne Molina

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your variable definitions are missing the closing parentheses of the Date() function

LET vMax = Date(Peek('Max', 0, 'Date_Range'), 'MM/DD/YYYY' ) ;

LET vMin = Date(Peek('Min', 0, 'Date_Range'), 'MM/DD/YYYY' ) ;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

i think closing braces...am n surescr.PNG

agustinbobba
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I thing you miss the Closing Barces  on vMax and vMin variables.

Not applicable
Author

I might have just fat-fingered that since I didn't copy it.  In the script editor it is:

LET vMax = Date(peek('Max', 0, 'DataRage'), 'MM/DD/YYYY');

LET vMin = Date(peek('Min', 0, 'DataRage'), 'MM/DD/YYYY');

Which looks like it has the right closing brace.