Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavik123
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView: Columns gets Swapped automatically while exporting to Excel/CSV

Dear All,

While I am exporting the data from QlikView Chart(Straight table) to Excel/CSV in which I have aligned the columns properly as per my requirement. But after exporting some columns gets swapped unknowingly in Excel/CSV.

Please find the below Scenario in which I have around 38 columns in Straight table:

In QlikView we have straight table with following columns:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z AA AB AC AD AE AF AG AH AI AJ AK

After exporting to Excel/CSV, columns gets swapped automatically

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P AG AH AI AJ AK Q R S T U V W X Y Z AA AB AC AD AE AF

Please help on this.

Many Thanks,

Bhavik Mandaliya

6 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If the format of your output is important you could look to using a product like NPrinting.  Please contact me if you would like more information.

I have also noticed anomalies when straight tables get too wide - particularly if you mix up the order of dimensions and expressions (rather than dimensions first then expressions).

Regards,

Steve

bhavik123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your immediate response.

We already using NPrinting for data extraction. But some times we are extracting the data manually and the problem arises.

Any other workaround in QlikView itself to get rid out of this.

Thanks,

Bhavik

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As you already have NPrinting you may want to look at their On Demand add-on, as this allows users to pull down any NPrinting report from within a QlikView application with their current selections intact.  There is an extra cost to this though - so you would have to weigh that up.

Regarding getting the columns out in the right order, have you tried re-ordering on the Dimensions and Expressions tabs (with Promote and Demote) rather than dragging the columns in the UI?  This may give different results.  The issue with this though is given that there are separate lists for Dimensions and Expressions it gets difficult when you have a mix of dimension and expression on subsequent columns.

-Steve

bhavik123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

We have aligned/positioned all the dimensions & expressions by using promote & demote feature. Then also problem arises.

The thing is that columns should not get swapped automatically while exporting manually to Excel/CSV

Thanks,

Bhavik

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about trying to recreate the table from scratch in a new object.  Something may have got corrupted somewhere along the way.  You can then add the dimensions and expressions in the order you want them.  Perhaps try exporting when you are part way through creating to check that things are in step.

As I mentioned I have seen QlikView go a bit strange with wide tables before now - it is designed as an analysis tool and not a reporting one after all.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I just wanted to follow-up on this thread, I did speak to product management to confirm there will be no changes/updates to the QlikView Edit Module APIs, these are provided as-is at this point as more of a legacy feature.

The only other thing I could recommend you look into would be button object and Actions, or trigger an Action to do the export that way, cannot say for sure if that will work better or not, may not work at all depending upon how you are doing things.  Here is Help link to the Actions list:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Button2.htm#anc...

Click the Add Action Dialog link on the right side to drop directly to the list of available actions.  Hopefully this may work out better.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.