Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Messen
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView Desktop 12.80 (May 2023) - WebView hanging

Hi
WebView is hanging - Green circle just keeps spinning - when turning on WebView in Desktop May2023 (12.80) release.
Happens on old and also brand new documents.
Anyone experience same problem and managed to fix this ?

Regards
Sune

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Messen ,

after further checking we have realised this is a known product defect (QV-24919) when there is no internet connection.
It's already fixed in the code, so we'll have to wait for the next release. If you think this is business-critical for you, please open a support case mentioning this discussion and we'll do our best to assist you.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @Messen 

it does not happen to me in May2023. I just tested it one more time. Please contact support so we can help you.

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Which version of Windows are you running it on?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
Messen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Daniele

It's Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019. We do not have any internet connection due to security reasons. Cannot see why it should matter using WebView but you never know 😉

Do you know whether or not WebView requires any standard windows components ? Our clients and servers are prebuild from our IT Dep. and it could be that some components are missing.

Regards

Sune

Messen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sebastian

Thanks for your test and reply. I'll see if a solution comes up here in the community before opening a case 🙂

Regards

Sune

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Messen,

in 12.80 we updated the technology behind Webview from the old Internet Explorer-based one to the new Edge-based one. I wonder if there's anything related to the lack of internet connection, though I myself would not understand why it would be a problem.
Any chance that you could have internet access granted on the Win 10 machine for testing purposes?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Messen ,

after further checking we have realised this is a known product defect (QV-24919) when there is no internet connection.
It's already fixed in the code, so we'll have to wait for the next release. If you think this is business-critical for you, please open a support case mentioning this discussion and we'll do our best to assist you.

Messen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Daniele

Thank you so much for clarifying this ! 🙂

It is critical cause we cannot modify in Extensions without the WebView mode. So I'll open a case referering to this thread.

Thank you once again 🙂

Regards

Sune

cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

Hallo Daniele,

we have the same problem on Windows Server 2019 - i have testet it on three different servers. On all three servers i have internet connection. 

There are no problems on Windows Server 2016.

Regards

Christian

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @cwolf ,

the issue might also happen with some specific tcp settings. In particular when the auto tuning level is set to "highly restricted". Version 12.80 SR1 will include the fix.

Can you please try the normal setting  by running 

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

in an administrative prompt and let us know if it solves the issue?

Thanks!