Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Desktop 12, initial release

Hey everybody,

recently I installed SR 12 of the QlikView-Desktop-Client.

When i work with an QVW, open the Table-View (STRG + T) and want to see the data in a table (Right-Click, Preview) Qlikview crashes to Desktop (all unsaved work is gone, of course). This doesn´t happen with every Table, just with a few, what makes it even more random and weird. It seems only to happen, if i try to preview a table on the second Level (Fact-Table --> Dimension-Table1 (connected to Fact-Table) --> Dimension-Table2 (Connected to Dimension-Table1))

• The QVW was initialy created with QlikView 11, SR 12.
  • QVW-Size: Approx. 10 MB (very small)
  • No synthetic Keys etc.
  • Snowflake-Sceme with 14 Tables
  • Clean installation of Qlikview 12 (Deintallation of 11, restart, installation of 12)

Has anybody else encoutered this problem so far ?

Since QlikView 12, I have also random crashes (not very often) when i run the script. The script works, no changes befor, i just wanted to reload new data to test something).

Thanks in Advance

Greetings

Florian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I think you are seeing the same problem as this one:

QlikView 12 stopped working (APPCRASH)

This issue has been reporrted and are being address. It seems to be related to very long field names if that can be of any help for now.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you tried creating a new qlikview document in QV 12 and copying over the script to that new document? Does that document crash QV 12 too?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to recreate the document out of the -prj-Folder.

So it was a new QV 12 QVW, created out of the old -prj-Folder. The Problem with creating a new QVW and just copying the script is, that i need the GUI and other stuff too.

Also we have a lot of Applications to maintain, that would mean a lot of work for us do that with every single one.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Are all your current Qlikview applications crashing QV 12?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

"Best practices" dictate to treat Initial Releases with caution. If you're in a hurry, and not too eager to test QV12 for bugs, better evaluate & install 11.20SR13 in your enterprise environment.

Not applicable
Author

I think you are seeing the same problem as this one:

QlikView 12 stopped working (APPCRASH)

This issue has been reporrted and are being address. It seems to be related to very long field names if that can be of any help for now.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, it might be the same issue, thanks for your reply.

I have pretty long field names in this App, might be the reason.

I mark your answer als right for now, thank you.