Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielgargiulo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView Experts: Control Chart Challenge

Control Chart Challenge

If you are a QlikView whizz it would be great to see if you can solve this particularly interesting challenge and how you go about. Good Luck!!!

Control Charts are used extensively in health care and the creation of these including highlighting rules has been nicely outlined by Erica in her blog (http://qlikfit.blogspot.co.uk/).

The interesting challenge we are currently facing is re calculating the average when there are 8 consecutive points above (or below) the average. Once this rule has been meet the average from the 9th point onwards needs to be re calculated to be based only on the data points going forward. This then needs to be taken further to check again for another 8 points above or below the new average, and so on.

We have spent countless hours trying to solve this and got nowhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please find attached:

• ‘Data Average Changes.xlsx’: Data and an image illustrating the step up in average we need to create
  • ‘Control Chart Template - Jumping Average.qvw’ : Example QlikView application with the data and  a control chart that could be used as a starting point.

I look forward to seeing your solutions.

Dan

31 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been a few years but I found it odd there was no reply here? Are you using this chart Daniel? I've just plugged in my data and it looks really good, seems to be holding up well. I've added in a highlight for the data points that are involved in the run to a step change (though I think you may have found this by now!).

Anyway, thanks for your work on this, it's really helpful. Let me know if you've got any enhancements!

danielgargiulo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Finally closing the loop on my Qlik Community post nearly five years ago!!!!

We have released a Control Chart extension for Qlik Sense.  More information and a 60 day trial can be downloaded from here.  

Key features include: • Outliers Highlighted • Runs ‘above’ and ‘below’ the average highlighted • Trends up and down highlighted • Moving average based on Runs and/ or Trend triggers

Key configuration options include: • Customise Labels for Dimensions, Measures and Rules • Customise Line and point style for Dimensions, Measures and Rules • Pick the number of points to set the highlighting criteria for both Runs and Trends

For more information email: extensions@acumenbi.co.nz .