Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Export to Excel - Date Format Issue

Hi Folks,

quick question:

When I analyze a Report via IE Plug-In through our Access Point, and export it to Excel, I see the dates correctly formatted as Dates in Excel:

screenshot.641.png

A colleague of mine sees the Dates in the same report, same Acceess Point after exporting it to Excel as numbers:

screenshot.642.png

What could be causing the problem here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

msglanges

3 Replies
jpengiu
Contributor III
Contributor III

In Qlik menu Settings/Document Properties/Number on the left column select the field and then specify "Number format setting" as Date and set the "Format pattern".

bye

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply!

But if one Excel Installation interprets it as num and the other Excel installation of another user interprets it as a date, I would have assumed the problem lies in the interpretation of Excel, or am I wrong?

The problem is, that the date column I am showing isn't an original field, but a calculated dimension. So I can't change the format it via the number format setting of the document properties, becaus it's not listed as a field.

Does anyone have any ideas on that?

ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

try adding the date() function to your calculated dimension: date(how_you_calculated_your_dimension_before).

regards,

Edgar