Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

QlikView Extension Object & Webservices

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where we have a webservice and the dashboard need to communicate with the webservice with a set of parameters and receive an output set of data to display on the graph. The dashboard would be refreshed to show the new data.

I knew this can be done with the QVSource, a third party tool/connector and a reload functionality built.

However, I started looking at the QlikView Extension objects.

My requirement is to meet this requirement with QlikView Access point because all the users would open the dashboard using the url.

Multiple users would be accessing the same dashboard and the extension object that I build to display the graph would show different data for different users.

Could anyone please shed some light on how can I built an extension object to meet my requirement.

Regards,

Shyam.

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Have you had a look at the SDK? QlikView Version 11 SDK

Q-On has a course specifically to get people up to speed with extension development.

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Petter,

Thank you very much for your response. Thanks for the links.

However, now my problem seems to be different now. I am trying to use example Web viewer extension and trying to open a url that has data which in turn built on Silverlight.

Even after installing the Silverlight I still see the issue. I have created a new thread with the details in Extension object vs Silverlight.

Thanks heaps for any help.

Regards,

Shyam.