Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView Extensions

Hello anybody knows how to install and how to use Qlikview extensions?

Thanks

Marco

6 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

hopes helps,

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

1. Head out and install the latest version of QlikView (minimum QV 11.2 SR 5), make sure you install the examples.
  2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Extensions and double click the “Extensions Examples.qar” file. This will install all of the extension examples.
  3. Open the QlikView “Extension Examples that you can find in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Documents\
  4. In the Mapping tabs you will find examples on how to plot either dots/points, lines or polygons.
  5. Extensions only works in Web-View / AJAX Client on browser
marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I need to know where can i find the extensions installed after installation of the qar, and insert them into the application.

Immagine.png

Within the "Oggetto Personalizzato" item, i can only find the OCX replacement.

Immagine1.png

Thanks

Marco

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

hopes,those are installed on same path..C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Extensions ,can u check thr? else are u set any path when ur installeing extension,then that is the path extensions are stored.

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Extension objects only work under the under AJAX client. You'll need to switch to WebView (View > Turn on/off WebView). Once in WebView you'll see your extension objects

img.jpg

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, enabling the WebView, it allows you to add the extensions.

Marco