Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView File Copy Automated

UAT Root: \\UAT\Deploy\   (There could be multiple directories,sub directories, directories under sub directories)

PROD Root: \\PROD\Deploy\ (There could be multiple directories,sub directories, directories under sub directories)

The structure of UAT root will match with PROD. (However Prod might have additional folders) (But whichever folders and subfolders are there in UAT will be there in PROD exactly the same way, only in Root For UAT it will be UAT and for PROD it will be PROD)

Now I want to create a qvw file which will run once a day and it will automatically pick up 'files' which are there in UAT with file time (current date) will be copied in exact same location inside PROD. But before coping it will check if it exists if the file is already present in PROD it will take a back up on the same folder with current date time stamp.

I am stuck with this requirement, any experts, kindly help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Found your other post where you accepted solution, so posting that here and marking as well:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/File-Copying-From-N-Folders-and-Sub-folders/m...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ron1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Any help on this? 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe the easier way to do this is going to be using an External Task if you have a Publisher license for the environment.  This way you can likely use a PowerShell script to do things and just call the script to run via the External Task, here is the help on our side for creating that:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_SupportingTa...

If you do not have Publisher, I would likely then potentially consider doing this in Windows OS via PowerShell script that way I think rather than trying to do it within Qlik side of things, as that should be much easier to do I believe.  Hopefully this gives you a better idea on how to approach things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Found your other post where you accepted solution, so posting that here and marking as well:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/File-Copying-From-N-Folders-and-Sub-folders/m...

Regards,
Brett