Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView-First and Last date-calendar-table

Hi,

I am currently experiencing the following issue - I have a data with 'timestamp' date format. I have created a 'Day', 'Month' and 'Year' calendar from it. Furthermore, I have also created a table including two dimensions for 'First' and 'Last' contact dates for the specific person.

For example:

PersonFirst Contact dateLast Contact date

and when I select the Month of May in the calendar (01.05 - 31.05) the table will change to:

PersonFirst Contact dateLast Contact date

However, I do NOT want this to happen. I want to be able to change the dates in the calendar, but still keep the First and Last contact dates unchanged.

To be sure I said what i want: to have my First and Last contact dates uncorrelated with selections on the calendar.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

This is how I answered to my question...in case anyone has a similar problem

View solution in original post

7 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The table containing first and last contact date is linked to the main table through the personID and Year, month, Day fields I suppose, to un join the informations do not link that table with the time fields (link only with person)

To be sure of this I should see data

Not applicable
Author

It is a complicated data and everything has to be linked. I am wondering if I could use set analysis somehow, in order to keep the First and Last contact dates, no matter of the Calendar selections. I think my question is too hard for me to explain as well !

Not applicable
Author

Alessandro Saccone, here is an example of the data.

You can see in the table that, for example:

Salesman ID  / First Date of sale  /  Last date of sale
2001              /      13.12.2004    /  23.10.2009

But when you select 2005 in the 'Year' list box above that the date in the table changes to:

Salesman ID  / First Date of sale  /  Last date of sale

2001              /      10.2.2005    /  29.10.2005

However, I do not want this to happen. I would like to keep the values of 'First date of sale' and 'Last date of sale' unchanged in the table when I make selections in the calendar above.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Antonio,

Alessandro is right, you should change your model

But instead there is a solution to not take care of selection

Chris

Not applicable
Author

Hi christianj,

What you did seems to be working just fine,for now , thank you!

However, I do not understand what you guys mean by changing the model and not linking the table with the time fields, how does it happen exactly ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi christianj,

I have a problem with the table when I use your solution.

I want the first and last contact period static, but the rest of the data in the table to be dependent on the calendar selection.

Can you guys help me ?

Not applicable
Author

This is how I answered to my question...in case anyone has a similar problem