Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Help

Hi Qlik Gurus,

I need your help once again.

I neet to create a total box based on the separate excel sheet, in already created dashboard. There are two common fields Product and Monitoring Activities. Since these two fields are common, however the data is different, and it interviens with graphs already created. If I rename the fileds the total would not change when filtering on product or Monitoring Activity.

I need to be able to filter in a way that number in the total box changes, but not another way around.

1.PNG

This is what i should have in the graph and this should not change when I load that addidtional excel

2.PNG

This is what happens when I load the table with the same field names

3.PNG

Thank you-

3 Replies
arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Nina,

Can you please provide more detail on this. Please attach the QVW file if possible with error and expected output.

whether the new excel sheet should have an association to previously loaded data?

If so, which filed needs to be the key?

If product is the key, rename the Monitoring activities to a different name. Now the link will be fine.

Also renamed filed (monitoring activities) can also be used for filtering without any issues.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Arasantorule,

i cannot attch the dashboard. The new excel should have association to the old on only on the filed , however i do not want it to impact the graph results. I only want this excle to be populated in the total box. And I want this total number to change once i select on the filters with common filds, which are product and Monitoring Activity.

But not other way around.

Tahnk you-

Not applicable
Author

Second table used, that is effecting the original graphs. Please let me know if you have questions 

ProductsAdvisory BoardsField Coaching GuidesField Ride-Alongs - MSLsField Ride-Alongs - SalesProduct TheaterSpeaker Programs
Product 1579415
Product 283291510
Product 395311213
Product 4121081453
Product 541110273