cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mp802377
Creator II
Creator II

QlikView Left( Dimension bar chart missing data

Hello. I have a bar chart. The first Dimension is the log_date, the second dimension is soap_fault. You can see with one chart the issue. Since each line of data has a slight variance at the end of the field it breaks it individually. I decided to do a =left(soap_fault_text, 25) in hopes to grab the first 25 characters and group the chart better. 

The problem is, when I did that, a lot of data is missing. You can see by the second chart, the Soap Fault Text with ER101 is completely gone. I first tried this in the load script. Then I thought maybe something was off and I did the left in the chart dimension. Why would this just go missing?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwin
Master II
Master II

it looks like you either did some sort of cartesian join missing one or more fields, or you used dimensions from two tables that arent associated (check your table view making sure all tables are linked).
or attach a QVW with dummy data (just replace your measure with RAND()*1000 or something).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
edwin
Master II
Master II

it looks like you either did some sort of cartesian join missing one or more fields, or you used dimensions from two tables that arent associated (check your table view making sure all tables are linked).
or attach a QVW with dummy data (just replace your measure with RAND()*1000 or something).