cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markagoodger
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView Load Transform Data with multiple conditions

I am using the Transform in the load, I can do multiple conditions to delete out unwanted data but they are AND functions.  I ideally need to do OR conditions (ie. if Column 2 is "APPLE" OR "ORANGE" then delete/don't import the data). So currently I get this, but this doesnt do anything (as the same column cannot equal both values exactly)

Remove(Row, RowCnd(Compound,
RowCnd(CellValue, 2, StrCnd(equal, 'APPLE')),

RowCnd(CellValue, 2, StrCnd(equal, 'ORANGE'))

I know i could do a separate App to 'cleanse' the data, but I don't want to do this for this particular task.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

So, this seems like you have an OR condition for different columns... may be this

LOAD ...
FROM ...
Where [Column C] <> 'MR DUMP' and [Column G] <> 'Label';

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

A single row can only take one value, right? So, you seem to be doing this check over multiple rows, right? What is common between those rows?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

in Qlik Sense we never delete rows, only you can say we don't import them

How about

where not match(column2,'ORANGE','APPLE');

?

Regards

markagoodger
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am looking to delete many rows from the load, based on criteria.

clipboard_image_0.png

So in the above example, I would want to exclude Row 650, because Column G says "LABEL", and I want to exclude Row 664 because Column C says "MR DUMP".   I also have other examples in Column C that I would want to exclude.

Currently I am fudging it in the visualization with set analysis, but I think this is a slow way to perform.

sunny_talwar

So, this seems like you have an OR condition for different columns... may be this

LOAD ...
FROM ...
Where [Column C] <> 'MR DUMP' and [Column G] <> 'Label';
markagoodger
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That's great, worked a treat.

Thank you

markagoodger
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Possibly this could have worked, another post did come up with a WHERE load clause that seemed to do the trick.

thank you