Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Management Console crashed

Hi!

I'm just starting to use the tool, and I am having some troubles with the QMC: it stopped accessing from the Firefox. I'm running it on a localhost, via port 4780. I've already checked the port, and it's normally listening.

Could anyone tell me where I can find the log file of the web server to check if there was really a crash or the reason I cannot access is something else?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QMC doesn't connect to the QlikView web server, it connects to the QlikView Management Service. Check that your QlikView Management Service is running.

Log files: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log (on Windows Vista/7)

Good luck,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try in internet explorer . Can you access from there? If not service is down . Start all qlikview services.

Not applicable
Author

I have checked and the Management Service is actually running.

About the log, I couldn't find the path you described. The directory of the Management Service only contais lots of dlls and some QMC directories. I've checked those too, but there is only one html file named "Logs" and it is the structure of the logs page on the QMC console.

I don't know if there's something about it too, but the directory that i have here is C:\Program Files\QlikView instead of "QlikTech".

Thanks again!

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

ProgramData my friend, not Program Files.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

So that was the path... haha

Thank you very much!