Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView Not Responding

not responding.jpg

Size.JPG

When open 195,833kb file, qlikview will not responding, whereby other file no issue.

Can anyone can advice me on this? Thanks

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be Your RAM is too low? And that too, This application holding 195MB. Please check task manager how much RAM Consume and CPU as well.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

Desktop Spec, i5, 16GB and 512 SSD and no open other program. RAM Consume is in normal status.

I did tried laptop spec i5, 12GB RAM and 1TB sata hdd and I can open the 195,833kb file.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you remove temp files if any there in your folder which includes Cache. Could be the reason with the Tranfer application. Not really sure why this happen. But when you say you can open application that i may not across. But, marcus_sommer‌ will help you

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
PrashantSangle

Are you trying to open same file both machine?

How many concurrent file are you open?

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
marcus_sommer

A lack of RAM is quite probably not the reason for your issue even if your 200 MB file is compressed and takes nearly 1 GB on RAM. More likely seems that the file has a poor datamodel with circular loops, synthetic keys or calculations over island tables which prevents the opening or might need a lot of time (maybe hours) to open. In this case it would be useful to open the file without data (is a right-click option within the start-window of QlikView) and then to use the debugger with a reduced number of records (maybe 100) and to reload the application. Afterwards you could check within the tableviewer if there is any potential issue within the datamodel or any calculations in the UI.

A further check should go any macros/actions which might be triggered by opening the application.

Another potential cause could be that the file was developed/stored with a different major release of QlikView. In this case you should down- or upgrade the clients/server within your environment to ensure that all have the same release.

- Marcus

bommidoddi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Kit,

Please check task manager how much RAM Consume and CPU as well. and Server Also some time Down Please check.

Regards,

Seenu

Sreenivasulu B