Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joydipp1988
Creator
Creator

QlikView Personal Edition not working

Hi Community, 

I'm trying to build an application using QlikView "April 2019 SR3" Personal Edition, version 12.40.20300.0. 

After a successful run in the morning, I closed the app. Bt when I'm trying to open the app in the evening, it's showing 

"Failed to load" error. 

Can anyone guide what's the issue? 

Please find the error in the screenshot attached. 

App Load Error.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Joy

Labels (3)
14 Replies
joydipp1988
Creator
Creator
Author

Can anyone please let me know what's happening with QlikView Personal Edition? 

I'm developing an app in QlikView personal edition but unable to open the app after closing it. 

Thanks,
Joy

brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II

Are you able to open any other file?

Please, try the following procedure:
1. Open your QlikView
2. Click on Help > About QlikView
3. Right Click on QlikView Icon (At the bottom left side of the popup page - check the picture below)
4. Find scriptRescue, and set the value to 1, instead of 0.
5. Click on Set
6. Restart your QlikView and try to load your file again.

Help 4.pngHelp 5.png

2nd attempt to solve it:
1. Open your QlikView
2. Click on File
3. Click on Recentely opendocument
4. Right click on qvw
5. Open without Data

Save your file with a new name and try to load it again!

I hope that solves your problem!

joydipp1988
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Bruno for the information. But sorry it didn't work for me. 

Joy

brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II

I had the same problem as you are facing, and I couldn't solve it!

To answer your question I wrote all the solutions I tried at that time

I'm using a Personal Edition of QlikView also, so I can't open your file, but did you tried to open it on another computer?
If you can, why don't you try to open it on another computer?

I'm sorry for that!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I can offer is to review the Help and the limitations:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QlikView_Person...

The message would indicate the QVW file has become corrupted.  The only thing you could do is try to create prj files and then recreate new app off those:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QlikView_Projec...

You may also want to try loading with no data too:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003762 

About the best I have to try to see if you might be able to get it to open.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
joydipp1988
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Brett, 

Thanks for the links. But my situation bit different here. 

I was using QV 12, Apr 2019 version and it was working fine. But on May 2020, I installed QlikSense Apr 2020 version in my PC and from then QV stopped working as expected. 

As per my knowledge, I can build a full-fledged QV app from scratch in Personal Edition and I can close and reopen it any number of times in the same system.  

But the issue with QV I'm facing now is-

1) I'm building an app in Personal Edition
2) The app is working fine until I close it
3) After closing the QV window, if I try to reopen the same app, it's showing the error. 

I've recorded one video and uploaded it on YouTube to describe the same. Please find the link below-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwywVvL58ro

Thanks in advance.

Joy

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I just want to clarify something here, as that was not clear previously, and that is that you are running both Qlik Sense Desktop and QlikView Desktop PE on the same machine?  If so, I would suspect this is likely a result of the Qlik Sense Desktop install, but I am not sure why.  I have reached out to product management to confirm if they are aware there may be a compatibility issue now with running the two on the same machine, as I know previously things did work from what I recall, although it has been a while since I had both installed on my machine.  I would venture you may need to run them on different machines at this point in order to be sure things work as expected.  With the release of QlikView April 2020, there is further integration with Qlik Sense, which could be what has triggered things to conflict now I suspect, but I will see what product management has to say.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
joydipp1988
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Brett, 

Previously both QV Personal Edition and QS were working fine but after the installation of QS Apr 2020 version, QV stopped working. 

I too want to know the root cause of the issue. 

Also, if I can't have both in the same machine, please let me know how to setup QV PE as this is much needed right now. 

I tried to uninstall both QV PE and QS and re-installed QV, but it seems that's not the process.  

Thanks,
Joy

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you confirm what operating system you are running Sense Desktop upon?  One of the guys pointed out to me that it is only supported on Windows 10 now, Server OS is unsupported, so I wanted t check upon that...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Introduction/install-de...

That is link to system requirements for Sense Desktop.  

Cheers,
Brett