Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joydipp1988
Creator
Creator

QlikView Personal Edition not working

Hi Community, 

I'm trying to build an application using QlikView "April 2019 SR3" Personal Edition, version 12.40.20300.0. 

After a successful run in the morning, I closed the app. Bt when I'm trying to open the app in the evening, it's showing 

"Failed to load" error. 

Can anyone guide what's the issue? 

Please find the error in the screenshot attached. 

App Load Error.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Joy

Labels (3)
14 Replies
joydipp1988
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Brett, 

I'm using Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I think I can brief the issue again. 

• Previously I installed both QV 12 and QS 2019 on my PC.
  • Both were working as expected.
  • But after the installation of QS Apr 2020, the QV 12 stopped working.
  • Now the QS Desktop Apr 2020 is working fine but it ruined the QV 12 Personal Edition. 

So the solutions I'm looking for are-

1) How to get back QV PE fully working as expected. Its fine for me even if I need to remove QS Apr 2020 from my PC.
2) Why QV 12 stopped working after installation of QS Apr 2020. 

Hope it's clear now. 

Cheers,
Joy 

brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II

Hello Brett, 

I'm using QlikView 12 on a Windows 7 computer.
Would you like me to install QlickSense on the same computer and check if there any interference between both software?

Let me know,

Bye

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

We no longer support Windows 7, so moot test in that case I am afraid.  I need to find time to do a virtual machine and try things to see if I can replicate.  Was hoping product management might shout back, but I have not heard anything as yet.  Will keep you posted on things.  Regarding Windows 7, Microsoft ended support back in January, so we no longer support it, just wanted to clarify that point.  Server 2008/R2 is no longer supported either, just FYI.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
joydipp1988
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the information. 

Also, thanks for the support. 

Please let us know when the product management team shout back...

Joydip

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

So it appears this is most likely something in your user profile or environment, as I just loaded up a Windows 10 Enterprise build 1709 machine and installed QlikView Desktop PE 12.50/April 2020 first and made sure I could create an app, reload it and save and then open and repeat, everything good.  

I then installed Sense Desktop April 2020, did not add Patch 1 or 2, which are available, but post install I was able to get to the Hub and create an app using Ctrl-00 to generate script and run the reload and setup a few dimensions and a Table chart with the Expression dimensions in it and everything working fine there too.  

I then went back to QlikView Desktop and everything still working just fine, so I am not sure what you have going on, but I am unable to replicate the issue as you have described things at the moment.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.