Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Personal Edition

Hi,

In QV Personal Edition, when I open some sample.qvw files it throws an following error. Please help me.

Access Denied.

The file was created by a licensed QV user and since you are using a QV Personal Edition you may not open this file.

Thanks in advance,

Murugavel.

37 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can someone help with this same issue? I am using the Qlikview Personal Edition version 11.00.11282.0 SR1.  I have created a document/file that only I use for testing and to see what Qlikview can display.  I am not a licensed user but yet the error indicates that the file was created by a licensed user....which I am not but I did create this document/file using the personal edition of Qlikview .  I am now getting an Access Denied on my document.  I am the only person that has modifed this document because it exists only on my laptop.  I have opened this document for the last 2 weeks but now can't. 

Can someone offer some suggestions? 

Thanks!   

Not applicable
Author

Can someone help with this same issue? I am using the Qlikview Personal Edition version 11.00.11282.0 SR1.  I have created a document/file that only I use for testing and to see what Qlikview can display.  I am not a licensed user but yet the error indicates that the file was created by a licensed user....which I am not but I did create this document/file using the personal edition of Qlikview .  I am now getting an Access Denied on my document.  I am the only person that has modifed this document because it exists only on my laptop.  I have opened this document for the last 2 weeks but now can't. 

Can someone offer some suggestions? 

Thanks!   

eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Please let meknow about that asap. I am facing the same problem with QV11 SR2.

ljackson
Creator
Creator

I also have the same problem.  Did anyone find a solution?

Not applicable
Author

I'm having this issue now, too. Any solution yet?

ljackson
Creator
Creator

I didn't find a 'proper' solution.  I had our adminstrator upgrade my permissions to a full user, this allowed me access.

Not applicable
Author

I called the QlikView Concierge and they said this is a known bug. Deleting project folders fixed the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this just happened to me in PE version 11.   when I first created the project it created a folder.  I later saved it to a different location.  So when I double clicked on the .qvw file it couldn't find the .xml docs and returned with this error.   I simply moved the file back into the folder and it worked.