Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Plugin x Show Total (Dimension Limits)

Good afternoon!

I am facing a problem with the functionality above.

I have an app published in the QV Server (version 10.0.9282.8) and using the QV Plugin (version 11.20.12451.0).

When I access the app, the column regarding the 'Show Total' setup in the 'Dimension Limits' does not appears, see details in attached files.

Do you have some tip or idea to fix that?

Thanks.

Marcelo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

If I understand it right are you using a server with a QV 10 release and your used dimension limits are only available since QV 11 (in general different releases shouldn't be mixed up).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

If I understand it right are you using a server with a QV 10 release and your used dimension limits are only available since QV 11 (in general different releases shouldn't be mixed up).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus!

The point I am trying to understand it is:

The functionality 'Show Total' in the 'Dimension Limits' tab is new to QV11, and despite I am using QV Server 10, the end users access the application using QV Plugin 11, so I understand this functionality shoud work, but is not.

Best regards.

Marcelo.

marcus_sommer

The plugin could only render objects/features which it gets from the server and if the server didn't know this feature it couldn't be delivered.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus for the information. One last question.

If I keep with QVServer in the version 10, but update just the QlikView, locally installled in the server, to version 11, do you think will work?

marcus_sommer

Then you could it only use with the desktop client. But why do you want to stay on QV 10 which won't be supported anymore, the server runs a lot more stable with QV 11 (at least in my case) and there are a lot of useful features since then like alternate states or conditions on dimensions/expressions?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus!

Unfortunately I will decommission the QV server soon, therefore I don´t want expend too much time in activities related it. I am analysing this case specifically, because is a important report to our board.

Thanks a lot.