Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Scalability Tools

Hi everyone.

I'm here asking for your help. I'm currently trying to configure the JMeter in order to measure the RAM and CPU usage by a QVW.

I've created an scenario (with QlikViewTestScriptGeneratorGui.exe), also I've configured the Data Collector Set (using the template attached with the QVScalabilityTools zip file), and the logs are generated (for the Events and Sessions) as well for the Data Collector Set.

Then, I'm able to generate the QVDs (using QVD Generator.qvw) and everything seems to be generated without any issue. But when I try to read those QVDs in the final QVW (SC_Result) no measurements for RAM and CPU usage are available in the charts.

I've already configured the steps listed in the document named: User Guide for the Analyzer

I've make sure that the Macros are enabled for full capabilities of the script.

Could someone please advice me how to fetch those measures? (CPU and RAM usage)

Thanks in advance.

PD. For this testing, I'm using: QVScalabilityTools_0_8 64Bit.zip

2 Replies
Yang_Jiao
Support
Support

Hi Miguel,

I hope you have already solved this issue, since the question has been posted for quite a while.

It sounds to me like the Analyzer couldn't find the right host name to link. Have you checked the following places:

1. Could you see the CPU and RAM info from the "PrintSheet, CalendarTime" tab?

2. Have you run the "ServerMetaFetcher.qvw" and generated "ServerInfo.xml" and copied it into the log folder for your test?

3. If both above are Yes, check "QVS" and "WebServer" fields in the "JMeterLogMeta.txt" file contain the same host name and format as the Windows performance counter log file name. For example, if your Windows performance counter log file name is like this "HOST123_Processes20150128-000393.csv", and the fields in "JMeterLogMeta.txt" are like this "HOST123.Domain456.com", then you need to modify them to be the same.

Hope one of the points helps to solve the issue.

Good luck!

Yang

karthik4
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same issue as mentioned above.

Could someone please advice me how to fetch those measures? (CPU and RAM usage)

For this testing, I'm using: QVScalabilityTools_1_2_5 64Bit.zip