cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView: Search for field name in the Search Bar

Hello Everyone!

I was just wondering if there is a way to type/search for the field name in the search bar rather than row names. Like for example (see image below), i would try to search for the word 'Country' rather than typing the name of the country itself. This would be very helpful if there are already lots of field names included in the search bar.

search bar.PNG

Thank you

2 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Are you searching for dimensions in listbox? Your listbox is having country values?

You can have a separate listbox having dimensions..it can help.

Can u share sample data?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is possible, but not without some pain so it seems.

The default Search Object (your "Search bar") tends to search for values only in fields in your data model. That shouldn't be a problem, because every QlikView data model contains a few pseudo-invisible "System" fields like $Field and $Table. The former contains all field names, the latter all table names of fields and tables present in your data model.

As far as I can see the problem is now that the Search object doesn't include those system fields in the standard search range. To make it worse, there is also no checkbox to "Show System Fields" in the Properties tab of the Search Object, like there is on the Dimensions tab of a Chart.

Duh.

There is however one quick solution, but I'm not sure you'll like it: in QV Desktop, open your document and convert the Search Object to include "List Of Fields" (second radio button), and then enter the following value in the expression field:

$Field;*

This will include all Data Model-fields in your search, and an additional one: $Field. It will appear collapsed at the top of the results list. Try it.

Best,

Peter