Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server basic questions

Hi,

I'm really new with QlikView so please bear with me

Few days ago, I've downloaded and tried the QlikView desktop and am very impressed with the tool.

Now, our requirement is actually to embed QlikView in our web application (putting it on IFrame),

1. I got the impression that this is possible by using QlikView Server. Am I correct? What will the architecture look like? Are there any resources that I can study to see and understand it?

2. Can I download and try the QlikView Server? I like to install and play around with it to see whether it is feasible to achieve our requirements.

3. Do QlikView have White-Label options?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Anthony Steven

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1. Yes, very much possible. You can either embed an entire QlikView application in an IFrame or use something like QlikView Workbench to deploy individual visualizations or objects. Try searching for IFrame on the forums and you should find some examples or get in touch with your QlikView rep who can help you out with further info.

2. There is no free trial available for download for the QlikView Server. Again I'd suggest talking to your QlikView rep who can help you in discussions around arranging trials or demos.

3. White-Label.. would this be the same as OEM, wrapping the QlikView engine in another software solution? In that case yes, there are several OEM partners who focus on this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

1. I got the impression that this is possible by using QlikView Server. Am I correct? What will the architecture look like? Are there any resources that I can study to see and understand it?

ANS.  using qlikv view server you basically publish the documents (QVW) ALSO MAINTAIN SECURITY.

if you want to pull the data you can do it in Qlikview desktop and create QVW dashboard.

2. Can I download and try the QlikView Server? I like to install and play around with it to see whether it is feasible to achieve our requirements.

You can downlaod qlikview server , its free but you will need licence to see its working taht if you want to publish reports and wanna see in LAN or internet.

3. Do QlikView have White-Label options?

i cant understand what you mean by white labels?

Regards,

anant

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1. Yes, very much possible. You can either embed an entire QlikView application in an IFrame or use something like QlikView Workbench to deploy individual visualizations or objects. Try searching for IFrame on the forums and you should find some examples or get in touch with your QlikView rep who can help you out with further info.

2. There is no free trial available for download for the QlikView Server. Again I'd suggest talking to your QlikView rep who can help you in discussions around arranging trials or demos.

3. White-Label.. would this be the same as OEM, wrapping the QlikView engine in another software solution? In that case yes, there are several OEM partners who focus on this.