Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aritting
Creator
Creator

QlikView Table Preview Disabled

We use QlikView to create a data mart and recently we had an issue where one of them associated tables stopped working and in the QlikView Table view the Preview for it became disabled.  The resolution to recreate the application with the exact same script.

What is the cause of the Preview becoming disabled and the association not working when the associative fields seem correct

aritting_0-1617109659710.png

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The Preview is grayed out when the table has zero rows. What showed for the row count when you hover?

-Rob

aritting
Creator
Creator
Author

I wonder what caused it to have zero rows.   I create a qlik data mart with must_include qvs script and deleting the qvw app and recreating it with a copy and reloading it so it had the same  exact data model again fixed the issue.  as if the QVW application become either corrupt or some setting changed.  

marcus_sommer

For example the new application may have different interpretation-variables, is now with a different release created, has different settings especially in regard to section access and any possible data-reduction, the used script isn't identically respectively identically applied (a different load-order may change things), it's created from a different file-path ... probably some more possibilities ...

I think I would start with looking into the document-log to see if there are any differences between applications.  

- Marcus