Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pscully
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QlikView Triggers

Hi there.

I'm experiencing what seems to be unusual/unexpected behavior using Field Event Triggers in QV.  I'm using QV April 2019 SR1.

My app contains a chart and I change the field of the chart dimension using different buttons.  I use the Field Event Triggers to also be able to have a dynamic drill-down in the chart whereby if a selection is made, the dimension changes to the next level in the hierarchy.  I specifically use the On Select action.  In the app I also have buttons which allow me to change the date range in question at more of a global level, for example, Current Month, QTD and YTD.

The problem that I'm experiencing is that when I change the date range, it seems to trigger the logic in my Field Event Triggers thereby changing the dimension of the chart.  The triggers in my date range buttons don't refer in any way to the fields in my Field Event Triggers and visa versa.

I have been told that because the fields are related, more of an 'implicit' selection takes place but I would have expected that the Field Event Triggers only fire when an 'explicit' selection takes place.  I've also tested the behavior on QV 2017 SR9 and the problem doesn't occur (albeit a more simplified example). 

Please can you tell me if this is expected behavior and if so maybe give me some insight into the mechanics of this.

Regards,

Peter

Labels (2)
0 Replies