Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView and SalesLogix

I am trying to use SalesLogix as a data source. Can anyone offer a few quick tips to get me started? This is my first time trying to use this application to collect my data. Any and all help is appreciated. [:)]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

SalesLogix is using MS SQL Server, or (less often) Oracle database. You can use any of these databases as data sources in Qlikview. Certainly you need to know the SLX data structure and security rules if required to build applications.
More important, Saleslogix has an optional bundle called Visual Analizer (VA) which is nothing more but embedded QlikView viewer based on QlikOcx. It comes with pre-build QlikView application, but you can create and use your own applications as well, as many as you want. Applications can reside on local user machine, on network, in SalesLogix library, on QV Server.
You can contact Sage directly, or its partners like us, if you need help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

SalesLogix is using MS SQL Server, or (less often) Oracle database. You can use any of these databases as data sources in Qlikview. Certainly you need to know the SLX data structure and security rules if required to build applications.
More important, Saleslogix has an optional bundle called Visual Analizer (VA) which is nothing more but embedded QlikView viewer based on QlikOcx. It comes with pre-build QlikView application, but you can create and use your own applications as well, as many as you want. Applications can reside on local user machine, on network, in SalesLogix library, on QV Server.
You can contact Sage directly, or its partners like us, if you need help.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help!