Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView clearing prefixed (~) fields post reload

I'm prefixing a few fields with ~ and using it as the hide prefix but QlikView clears these post reload for some reason.  All other selections are maintained.  Is ~ a prefix I shouldn't be using?  Any ideas?

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you share the script where it is doing this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I cannot.  I can mock up some data and load scripts tonight if I don't find a solution.

Digvijay_Singh

Just guessing, I think '~' cannot be used as prefix to fieldname as it has some reserved function,as mentioned in reference manual -

sum( {$<~Ingredient = {“*garlic*”}>} Sales )

returns the sales for current selection, but with a forced exclusion of all Ingredients containing the

string ‘garlic’.

The '~' before the field name Ingredient is used for forced exclusion.

sunny_talwar

Sounds like a plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So I've discovered it doesn't apply to the prefix but it applies to the selection I'm applying to the field.  I have a button applying the following filter to my field.

• Field: ~Task_Opened_Date (~ is my hideprefix)
  • Button Action:
    • Select In Field
      • Field: ~Task_Opened_Date
      • Search String: ='>='&monthstart(date(floor(reloadtime()))

The field clears on post reload.  I'm assuming that is because that search string is dynamic and it won't re-apply after reload.  I tried replacing reloadtime() with a hard coded date but it also cleared.

If I manually select values in ~Task_Opened_Date, they stay post reload.  Any ideas on a search string that can be maintained post reload?  Maybe creating a variable in the script for monthstart and using that in the search string?

sunny_talwar

Seems to be working in this small sample

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah I just discovered it wasn't the prefix at all.  Can't believe I didn't test a manual selection on the field, reload, and see if it maintained.  Sorry!