Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psk180590
Creator III
Creator III

QlikView desktop version shows NULL values on opening document

Hello All,

My Qlikview application always displays NULL on opening the document. But. after i perform a reload it works fine.

PS: This only happens with a BarChart. Have attached both the images the one with NULL values is before reload and second with values is after reload

I'm facing this problem on the desktop version.

Before Reload.JPGAfter Reload.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

See Section access will get implemented at the document level for the data reduction that why you not able to see the data ..once this level is crossed then you can further implement the section access to hide the objects also

Section Access will get implemented on the whole document for data and further you could hide the objects also and their is no way to apply the section access data reduction to one chart and to restrict to other unless you do not specify any field in the section application and read the username and then you should do it with the expression .

Hope this helps you

View solution in original post

7 Replies
avinashelite

Do you have the license for Qlikview ? if not that is the cause

Do you section access implemented ? then check whether you ID has the access or not 

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Avinash,

Yes, i do have license for Qlikview. I'm facing this problem on my Test env.

Although there is section access implemented this particular chart is available to all.

avinashelite

I agree chart is available to all but DATA ? Check the section Application code which particular filed is used to reduce the data and check whether you ID has any data related to that field ....I guess you don;t have any data tied to your ID so you not able to see any data but when you reload it show all the data and hence your feeling that the issue is getting resolved after reload

Hope you got the answer

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I agree with your doubt, but there is no Section Access code applied on this chart to reduce data.

avinashelite

See Section access will get implemented at the document level for the data reduction that why you not able to see the data ..once this level is crossed then you can further implement the section access to hide the objects also

Section Access will get implemented on the whole document for data and further you could hide the objects also and their is no way to apply the section access data reduction to one chart and to restrict to other unless you do not specify any field in the section application and read the username and then you should do it with the expression .

Hope this helps you

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Avinash is right. Section Access & the optional data reduction (if enabled) will be applied to your entire data model only when you open your document. When your document is open and you execute the Load script anew, you will gain access to the entire data set that got reloaded. Simply because there will be no data reduction at that moment after the last reload. You'll have to save, close and reopen your document again to have Section Access reapplied to your data model. Which will most probably lead to NULL values in bar charts again...

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks both,

It was section access and mapping that caused my problem, i was able to solve it by correcting the mapping functionality.