Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView license problem

Hello friends

I have a problem with the QlikView license

I need each month connect to the server to be licensed,

and sometimes I am among customers.

thank youlicence lqik.png

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Luckily for you there is the internet . You can now connect to your work network if your work network is connected to the internet. Let them setup some VPN opening and connect to your office server using VPN.

Alternatively... if you are working at a customer site, do what is also pretty standard: Use the license they have and let them assign a Named CAL to you for the duration of the project. Saves you the whole VPN hassle. You are still working on the project, so it is not life yet so they should have enough CALs available for you to do the job they hired you for.

May you live in interesting times!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hello Onno van Kotsenburg

thank you for your answer is interesting.

but I want to use my license once and for all, without going through the server every month.

Thank you

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If it was your license, you probably would not have this problem as you would just run the server on your laptop. I think that is one of the reasons why they call it "License Lease" as you soft of lease the license from who you are working for.

In the past it was possible to buy a local client license. I think they stopped doing that ages ago.

If you work on a customer site, you will be connected with the server of the customer on a daily basis, so you never even notice the license refresh.

If you have to connect to your work server, it takes 1 minute a month. Even if they still sell that local client license, you can ask yourself if that is worth the $1000+ (about the same as the price of a Named CAL) for that 1 minute a month.

May you live in interesting times!
Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Does the issue occur before or after 30 days?  The Leased License is valid for 30 days. You  then need to reconnect to the QlikView Server in order to renew the Leased License