cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvwarning
Creator
Creator

QlikView parallel installation QV 9 and QV 12

Can i install 'old' Qlikview Local Client 9 (licensed) and Local Qlient 12.4 (licensed) on the same terminalserver and can i work parallel with the versions ?

Andreas

2 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

If you are talking about QV servers - you cannot because services that need to run the Qlik server for both v9 and v12 use the same ports. If you are talking about 'Desktop' - you can. I remember the trick was something like install it with different admin users.

Note: haven't done that myself, so you may want to hear some other opinions.

Why would you need version 9? You can load QVWs created in version 9 even on v12.

Kind regards,

S.T.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Believe you are referring to Desktop Client in which case you can, just follow the below:

In order to run multiple versions of QlikView Desktop on a single machine, please follow this procedure:

1. Uninstall prior version
2. Install QlikView Desktop v12
3. Copy the QV.exe file to a new, safe location
4. Uninstall QlikView Desktop v12 
5. Install prior version
Following this procedure, you end up with a working version 12 QV.exe, but the operating system treats the prior version as your primary version of QlikView.

You can reverse things here regarding versions as well, hopefully this is what you needed.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.