cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doherja
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView reloads hanging on certain server

We are running QV Desktop April 2019 SR4 on three development servers, each with a different version of Windows Server: one 2012, one 2016, and one 2019.  We have no problems on the 2012 one.  On the other two, large loads sometimes freeze up indefinitely, giving no updates in the progress window. It is not the problem described here , and the affected servers do not seem to be running out of RAM or CPU; if I open up Task Manager, I might see only modest RAM and CPU usage, and it is not increasing over time.  It is as if QV paused the reload on a particular step and never continued. The problem is not related file access either.

Is there any known issue against this? Or at least, has anyone else experienced it?

Thanks

5 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @doherja ,
if you look at the document reload log, can you isolate the moment when the reload stops? Is there a pattern?

Where are you loading from, when the issue happens?
Are antivirus exclusions in place?

Apart from the OS, is there anything else that makes the three systems different?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@doherja

You mention that you have QlikView desktop, is that where you are doing the reloads? Or do you have QlikView Server also?

doherja
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Daniele,

When the problem does occur (it is not consistent), the load never completes, and so no log is generated. In a couple of cases, the last message to appear on-screen indicated that it was partway through a loop of QVDs to load.  Another time, it seemed to have executed the last step of the script but not completed the load.

The only other difference I'm aware of besides OS is the hardware, which is different on all three, but I do not have the details. But I do not think the problem ever occurred until Windows was upgraded.

There are no scans being done, and the qvw and qvd files are the same across all of the servers. They are located on one of the two 'bad' servers.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks

doherja
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Maria, 

There is no QV Server, only desktop.

Thanks

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @doherja ,

you will find the logs temporarily under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView\Script

So, please, check there and see if you can find a pattern for the issue.

You mention that "Windows was upgraded". Was the upgrade done in place, with the QlikView software installed? If so, it might be worth completely removing it, and reinstalling it.

But I still would prioritize looking into the logs.

Cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.