Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcus_sommer

QlikView web-view

Hello,

until QV 12.5 SR3 QlikView used the IE to render the web-view within the desktop client. Are there possibilities to change it to Edge for this release respectively which QlikView and OS releases are needed to get such a possibility?

- Marcus

Labels (1)
1 Solution
5 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Marcus,

I wasn't able to find anything about changing the desktop within the desktop client. However, for the Accesspoint I was able to find this KB article on how to run IE plugin through Edge :

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Run-Microsoft-Edge-in-IE-mode-to-be-able-to-use-QlikView-s/t...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
marcus_sommer
Author

Our issue is not related to the IE plugin else to the web-view within the desktop client. Background is a modification of an extension with current html/js-features. The IE development stops some years ago and doesn't support modern web-features like the current browsers Edge/Firefox/Chrome does. In the end it leads to differences between our access point usages and the web-view from desktop client respectively to syntax errors. Developing and maintaining multiple versions of the extension is IMO not expedient.

Therefore the question how the hard-coded rendering with the IE within the web-view of the desktop client could be changed? The topic that the IE has reached its end of life and will be vanished in a few month isn't new and Qlik has already done some adjustments to it like your provided link hinted and therefore it should be also some solutions or at least a road-map exists how the web-view could be upgraded. Maybe I'm a bit naive but I think it shouldn't be very expensive from a technically point of view ...

- Marcus 

marcus_sommer
Author

Anyone? Any hints? Maybe to technically details of the implementation or to any restrictions? Maybe it could be customized ...

Many thanks.

- Marcus 

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @marcus_sommer ,

This looks like something for our ideation board, so please, post an Idea there, and explain the reasons for the change. That will bring your request to the attention of our product team!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.