Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkorynta
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView will not Open After Install

Hi All,

Our IT administrators recently upgraded our OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (I have 64 bit). When I tried to open QlikView (11.20 SR13) before the program even loaded it stated it had errors and had to closed. So I figured something went wrong during the upgrade and I uninstalled it and reinstalled QlikViewDesktop_Win8andUp.exe (v11.20 sr13).

After the reinstall, any time I try to launch the program, even running it as administrator, it will not open.

Any recommendations on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Kelly

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kkorynta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For anyone who was viewing this and wondering if it got solved - it turned out it was an issue with our company's encryption service policies being too restrictive. Our desktop IT admins added Qlik as an exclusion and I was able to install and run the application as normal.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kkorynta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For anyone who was viewing this and wondering if it got solved - it turned out it was an issue with our company's encryption service policies being too restrictive. Our desktop IT admins added Qlik as an exclusion and I was able to install and run the application as normal.

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Kelly,

It won't happens like that.

As per the attached document definitely it will support to Windows 10 also.

any way, if possible will check in a new machine  which is running on windows 10

Go to control panel-->Programs-->programs & Features-->Uninstall the software properly.

Remove Cache files,Temp Files

Note:- If that windows 10 is not licensed version it will give lot of issues in a different manner ,better to check in google also and confirm your self.

some people are facing issue key board keys are not working if it is not a Licensed OS.

kkorynta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm saying it happened like that for us. We had this case open for several months between Qlikview support and our desktop team and that was the root cause of the issue was that our encryption service policy was preventing the application from opening. The issue was not isolated to just my machine, but all of our other users at the company's machines.

As soon as that policy was whitelisted for Qlikview, all of us were able to use the desktop application without issue.