Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 10 Workbench Server installation

Hi Guys,

I've tried to make development with QV Workbench on Qconnect 2011. It looks pretty cool. But when I've started to install and configure Workbench components I realized that there is no any documentation about HOW TO setup and configure QV server.

I have QVS license with workbench. I know that it require MS Sharepoint services (I've installed MS Sharepoint Foundation 2010) on QVS server or some other server. But there is no any information what you need to do with this MS piece. How to tie QVS and Sharepoint together.

I've installed QV Workbench on my desktop PC with MS Visual Studio. During the installation Workbench asked me about Ajax path to my QVS Server. I've typed my QVS path and Test was "success". I can see QV object component in Visual Studio. But when I try to get access to QV Doc I'm getting an empty list. The URL for QV object is correct and point to Ajax path. And I can see document in my access point as Anonymous user.

So, Is there any step-by-step doc to do this setup? Or is there any person who can help me with this?

Thanks,

Nick

3 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No Guru on this but I have it working. This is what I do:

In VS, I create a new project and select a "QlikView WorkBench Project (CS)" type project.

I open default.aspx in "Design" mode and then drag on the QvObject object. For me, the QvAjaxZfcPath is http://localhost/QvAjaxZfc/

When I click the ">" button beside the QvObject, I get the drop-downs populated to select the document and the object.

If this is not working for you, I wonder if there is a communication problem to the server? Firewall issue?

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

I know this. But what have you setup on QVS server? Have you setup any MS Sharepoint stuff there?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick, I think Share Point is needed for Web Part and not for Workbench, if I am not wrong.

But, I am struggling for installing Workbench, and I am stucked at the "test URL" step.

During the installation Workbench asked me about Ajax path to my QVS Server. I've typed my QVS path and Test was "success".

Please can you tell me what path you have given?

By default, it shows http:\\<computer name>\QvAjaxZfc\

Is this a correct path? If yes, it should show success and proceed the installation of Workbench further. But I am getting an ERROR message at this stage. Please guide me.

Before that, I installed QlikView Desktop, QlikView Server at the location

C:\Program Files\QlikView\

I have also created a virtual directory at the location D:\QvAjaxZfc

Do I need to copy anything in this folder manually?

I can not start the QlikView server. How can I check whether my QlikView server has been installed properly or not? Do I need any license or something to start the server? And is this the reason I am failing to install Workbench?

Are there any licenses for Workbench also?

Any help would be highly appreciated. I didnt find detailed step-by-step guide to do this. Thanks