Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview 10 - license problem

Hi,

I've just installed the brend new Qlikview 10, but I've a problem with the license.

I've also a qlikview 9 SR2 installed, I've maintained this installation and I've installed the qlikvie 10 in a different directory (like I've done for the beta test program).

The version I've downloaded is the Italian release from the qlikview download web site.

I've installed it and when I try to open it showes me the follow error message:

"Qlikview isn't able to acquire a valid license information for your licese key.."... So I've started a personal edition ed try to manually ad the serial number and control number, but after the connection to the qlikview server license enabler it returns me the same error message...

How can I enable my qlikview 10 release? The problem is because of it's the italian release?

Thank you in advance for you help!!

Matteo

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Matteo,

I'd say it's because your license is already allocated, and you would need to clear license information before licensing the new version. Anyway, I suggest you to contact your QlikView sales rep so he can help you further with that issue.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thank you, I've tried your tip, but doesn't work: I've cleared the license information on the 9SR2 installation (with the button under the user preferences), and I've tried to set the license in qlikvie 10, but I had god the same error.

I've also tried to reinsert the licese informations in qlikview 9, the acquisition process goes fine...I don't know what to think about this...

Not applicable
Author

Most likely, you still have a QlikView 9 license. You can't run QlikView 10 on a QlikView 9 license. Contact your sales rep to upgrade to QlikView 10.

Not applicable
Author

What Kind of License do you have. I've Local License and it is working. I did same, installed QV10 in separate folder and it automatically took the license.

Is your QV9 License is not Italian and you are trying to use this license on Italian version. Check.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm in the same case of Shubhasheesh: Qlikview 9 installed and Qlikview 10 in other folder.

Qlikview 9 and Qlikview 10 are all of them Italian Release.

The license for QV9 and QV10 is the same...I've checked that at the Qconnection 2010.

The Licese informations are teaken correctly, but I can't validate that.

Not applicable
Author

The language is not related to the license at all. Like I said, contact your sales rep to upgrade to QlikView 10.

If you have a working QlikView 9 license, it doesn't automatically mean you can run QlikView 10 on it. Only your sales rep can upgrade your license to version 10.

Update: They are not using the same license. QlikView 10 beta and RC can run on a QlikView 9 license, but not the final QlikView 10 release.

Not applicable
Author

Isn't it nice that we have to go searching on a website to find this out.

Just attended the Qlikview conference in South Africa - not a single word said about requiring new licence for ver 10!

Collected ver 10 cd from Qlikview offices in JHB - not a word about new licences!

Read the server documentation - NOT ONE WORD ABOUT REQUIRING A NEW LICENCE!

Just installed server v10 and it does not work - will not accept licence - what a bunch - just lucky the programme is better than the way they treat their customers!!!!!

Not applicable
Author

While the original v9 license may not run on v10, I know for a fact that running two different versions of QV on the same server simultaneously utilizing the same license key would not work, and I didn't see where anyone else pointed out your first mistake here:

I'm in the same case of Shubhasheesh: Qlikview 9 installed and Qlikview 10 in other folder.

Qlikview 9 and Qlikview 10 are all of them Italian Release.

The license for QV9 and QV10 is the same...I've checked that at the Qconnection 2010.

The Licese informations are teaken correctly, but I can't validate that.

Isn't it nice that we have to go searching on a website to find this out.

Just attended the Qlikview conference in South Africa - not a single word said about requiring new licence for ver 10!

Collected ver 10 cd from Qlikview offices in JHB - not a word about new licences!

Read the server documentation - NOT ONE WORD ABOUT REQUIRING A NEW LICENCE!

Just installed server v10 and it does not work - will not accept licence - what a bunch - just lucky the programme is better than the way they treat their customers!!!!!