Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 11.20 SR 11 Resolution Compatibility Issue‏

Hi,

I  am hoping that you will help me. I installed Qlikview 11.2 SR 11 Personal Edition on my laptop. I am using Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series laptop with Windows 8.1 64 bits and screen resolution is 4K. All the icons which appear on the top bars are very small. Also, the distance between two lines in the script is also very narrow as attached.

Can you please advice how can I resolve this issue. thanks

Regards,

Shoaib

5 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Did you try to decrease the system resolution? like 1280 * 800

Not applicable
Author

i did but nothing changed

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shoaib,

I have the same issue with my 4k display. You can set the toolbar of qlikview to large icons:

view -> toolbar: customize, on the tab options check large icons.

This will make the toolbar usable again but this won't change your problem, when you'll deploy your apps on a server the object will be either very small/large (qlikview doesn't auto scale the background and object to the native resolution of the screen)

The best solution is to set your system resolution to either a HD (1920x1080) resolution, or like me to 2018x1152 resolution. Scaling can be set to either 100% (HD settings) or 125%,depending on which you prefer. To see the changes take affect in Qlikview you have to log out and log back in again on your machine.

The scaling you set on your system will also affect the way objects will look on an other system. When you set your scaling to 125% and a user with 100% scaling opens your app, the objects will look much larger (because they were made on a screen with 125% scaling).

If you ask me this is a major shortcoming of Qlikview, one they've adressed in Sense (not sure) but still not in any major release of Qlikview

Hope this helps

andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Guys,

this issue should become more and more relevant to Qlik developers and users.

I am right in the progress of buying another computer (either a dell xps or a dell precision) and I was aiming for a 4k display. Now I am a bit worried as it sounds as if it is a major hassle using Qlikview with modern displays.

Has there been any updates on this issue?

andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II

I assume that there might be others having issue with Qlikview and Win10 skaling.

I experienced them even with FHD on a Dell XPS15.  Dell could not provide me a solution.

I found the following page and had very good results with the Windows10_DPI_FIX.

http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/