cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Qlikview 9 Migration

We have recently purchased QlikView 11 Server and are about to embark on a migration of our existing QlikView 9 environment to 11.

We will not need to overwrite the existing environment rather setup 11 on a separate server and switch over to the new environment when everything looks good and retire the old server when complete.

We access our QlikView Documents from our websites using Ajax Xfc.  Data access is controlled via section
access.

I've downloaded all the documents in relation to migration and everything seems straightforward.  In the communities experiences of migration from 9 to 11 are there any areas we need to watch out for in terms of server setup and Document move and testing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Andy,

This scenario is very simple simpler then the attached document.

you just need QlikView applications you host,

If you can apply new schedules by yourself

I don't see any hurdles.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I like your idea to install and migrate everything on new server rather then upgrade on same old machine.

I would suggest you to take backup of QlikView Acces Point folder.

If you want to migrate schedules then QVPR repository.

have a look at attached document too.

Regards

ASHFAQ

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Hi Ashfaq

I have reviewed this document already which covers same machine install and deployment over multiple servers.

I guess I'm looking for any corner cases which might throw the migration off track based on the experience of people that have been through the migration exercise themselves which might not have been covered in this document before I submit my plan for approval.

Regards

Andy

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Andy,

This scenario is very simple simpler then the attached document.

you just need QlikView applications you host,

If you can apply new schedules by yourself

I don't see any hurdles.

Regards

ASHFAQ