Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Accesspoint - clarification needed

If I place a Document in Accent point, does it mean that I placed it into Qlikview Server ?

If I have a Qlikview Server, which tab/properties tell me, what path is the accesspoint ?

I am assuming that accesspoint is noting but a folder/path.

Please correct me. Many thanks.

9 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

If I place a Document in Accent point, does it mean that I placed it into Qlikview Server ?

If I have a Qlikview Server, which tab/properties tell me, what path is the accesspoint ?

I am assuming that accesspoint is noting but a folder/path.

Qlikview Access Point read the root and mounted folders to Qlikview Server to be accessed. When you put a file into this folders and authorize (DMS or NTFS), this qvw will be available to users.

Understand?

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Refer the following,

http://community.qlik.com/thread/45879

Regards.

Siva

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ricardo.

Great , if you can elaborate more..

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

On your QlikView Server, what you place on the mounted folders will be displayed on the Access Point:

qvserver.png

In order for the user to be able to Access the documents inside those folders, he or she must be authorised to do so (this must be also configured on QlikView's Management Console).

Hope this helps!

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

You develop your qvw application and want to deliver to your users, make this steps:

- copy the qvw file to you mounted folder or root folder;

- change ntfs permissions to users that need access or use the documents > user documents > your document: authorization to configure access;

- open qlikview access point with this users and access the qvw

Look, when you click and app qlikview server verify license (doc, named, usage or session). Not make a mistake between authorization and license.

Flag the correct reply in this posts.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jose.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks again, Ricardo. Let's assume that I have access to 1)Mounted Path and 2)Root path..

then what difference it makes by placing in "1)" and if place in "2)" ?

I thought like... if I place into Mounted path, it gets Sync with Root folder. Is it ?

Thanks for sharing your Knowledge.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

No, Root Folder have pgo and files for Qlikview Server.

Mounted Folder are directories of applications that you develop. But, you can use the root folder to publish qvw too.

It´s difference, won´t be sincronized.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Please mark the correct and helpfull to help community and other people.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM