Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibin_jacob
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview Custom Directory

Hi Team,

Please let me know how to use custom directory in QMC.

We need to give access to some external users(outside the Active Directory) to our application.

How to add users into Custom directory?

Is it possible to import users from a flat file?

Thanks,

Sibin Jacob. C

9 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You cannot use Active directory in combination of custom directory.

Active directory works with NTFS security where as Custom directory work with DMS.

I would suggest to create a separate directory for external users and make trust between the two.

Regards

ASHFAQ

sibin_jacob
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

I set it into DMS Security.

Can you help me to understand the custom directory option in QMC.

Thanks,

Sibin Jacob. C

tresesco
MVP
MVP

For basic learning, just click on the help you see on the right top (as in screen shot). I find it quite helpful.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You need to set security mode to DMS in your Qlikview server  --> Security tab.

Go through reference manual for more details.

Regards

ASHFAQ

sibin_jacob
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ashfaq / Tresesco,

I am able to create custom directory and add the users one by one (Manually).

Is there anyway to import the user list into custom directory from excel or xml files?

Is there any way to achieve the same by editing the CustomDirectoryData.xml file in the Qlikview server?

(File path: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\CustomDirectoryData.xml)

Thanks,

Sibin Jacob. C

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I haven't head of any such way exist.

What I know is you can transfer custom directory users from one server to another. But you have to create them manually once.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable

Hey guys,

I am new in my company and we use custom directory.  I am trying to understand how it works.

I have seen in the system>setup> DSC > Custom Directory  where the custom users are configured but I cannot see any password for them...

However, when I try to log in with one custom account without entering any password it doesn't work. Where are the password stored ?

Thank you

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

You have to provide password at the time of creating the access on custom directory and user have to use the same for access apps.

information will be store in custom directory directory service.

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Ashfaq,

just found your comments here...

Our problem:

We move to a bigger server and want to use active directory now. However it seems that some users will not be available in the AD. I would like to know in more detail

• How does this "create a separate directory for external users and make trust between the two" works
  • How can we copy the old custom directory to the new servers. Just copying the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\CustomDirectoryData.xml
    installs all users and groups and their relations? Of course we have to assign groups to tasks then again, or...
  • Tasks cannot be copied incl. triggers and loops?

Keep Qliking 🙂

Michael