Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview Dashbaord is not asking for authentication

Hi All,

I have a dashboard with section access and when one of new team member getting "ACCESS DENIED" error. But I added his  NTName in qvd and reloaded. When he try to open the dashboard, it doesn't prompt for user authentication but shows directly access denied. 

please help to provide your inputs. 

Labels (2)
4 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

what does your section access looks like?

only access, ntname or additional fields?

Can you post the SA script here?

Regards

viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Below is the script

Section access;
LOAD
ACCESS,
UPPER(NTNAME)as NTNAME,
CUSTOMER_TYPE,
CUSTOMER_SUBTYPE

FROM SECTION_ACCESS.qvd(qvd);

viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi All,

Any inputs please

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend reviewing the following Design Blog post and the two Dynamic Data Reduction links at the bottom too:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Here is the Help link:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Security.htm

That will allow you to review to ensure you have not missed something as far as the setup of things.  The thing I recommend folks do when troubleshooting Section Access reduction issues is start basic, ensure Section Access without reduction fields work first, then add in the reduction field etc.  Another good thing to do is comment out the Section Access line of that table load, this way it loads visible into the data model, which will allow you to check directly how things are linked and if you see the correct reductions based upon selections etc...  About the best I have to try to help you move it forward, hopefully it helps.  You may want to load that QVD file you use into a new QlikView app just to ensure the record for the new user is as you thought it was input, confirmation is always good there too.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.