Not applicable

Qlikview Data Structure

what is data structure in qlikview?

14 Replies
sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi..Prachi,

Data is loaded by LOAD or SELECT statements. Each of these statements generates an internal table. A table can always be seen as a list of something, each record (row) then being a new instance of the object type and each field (column) being a specific attribute or property of the object.

Rules

The following rules apply when loading data into QlikView:

• QlikView does not make any difference between tables generated by a LOAD or a SELECT statement. This means that if several tables are loaded, it does not matter whether the tables are loaded by LOAD or SELECT statements or by a mix of the two.
  • The order of the fields in the statement or in the original table in the database is arbitrary to the QlikView logic.
  • Field names are used in the further process to identify fields and making associations. These are case sensitive, which often makes it necessary to rename fields in the script.

Regard's

Sarvesh Srivastava

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

do u mean QlikView project data structure?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

actually i am new to qlikview so i am not aware about it .if qlikview project data structure is different than other data structure then please explain it

Thank You

Best

Prachi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sarvesh for the explanation.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

no..both are same,the point is here..in how many layers u r maintaining the data in ur project.

exp: level 1: data pull from ur source files to layer 1 qvw file (it's upto u or  the difficulty of ur business--if u want to implement some data validation functions u can user here in script level to validate ur data) and save as .qvd

layer 2:  data pull from .qvd to .qvw and create all u required chats-- called as presentation layer

note: most of the times its either 2-tire or 3-tire architecture developer will choose to maintain there data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks shiva, can u please explain me architecture of qlikview in deatil.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

do u want "architecture of qlikview"  or "architecture of qlikview project implementation"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

, first explain me architecture of qlikview.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

PFA,

Go with the attached PDF for more details