Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankhi
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Default Filter

Hi All,

I need a help on setting default filter on open.

The dashboard has multiple tabs/sheets. For some of the tabs/sheets I would like , to open with a default filter set in.

Like Type = 'Apex' for  e.g. tabs/sheets 1,2,4

for the rest of the tabs /sheets, I do not want this filter to be defaulted on open.

I have tried to use sheet level trigger for sheets 1,2,4 and have given 

Select In Field =    Field Name = Type

and in the value I have given Apex. w/o any quotes. 

But this is not working. Can you please let me know any possible solution to fix this?

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Are you able to make a selection by triggering the same thing e.g. with a button? Trying to narrow down whether the issue is with the filter itself (in which case it won't work with a button either) or if it's not being applied when expected (in which case the button trigger will work).

benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Just to confirm, so below is what you have in your Sheet Trigger?

benvatvandata_0-1615858235583.png

Also just in case... the Type field does indeed have that EXACT field value correct? Because let's say if the actual field value is 'ApexType'... then using just 'Apex' will not work. 

It would also be helpful if you could provide some screenshots of the field, the specific field value, and your trigger in the qlikview document just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks,

Ben

Ankhi
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes I am able to select using a list box. Its behaving a bit weird actually. 

When I open the APP in the server the default filters are retained and it is working perfectly fine. 

But the same thing is not working in the Access Point. 😞

Regards

Ankhi

Ankhi
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes this is exactly what I have in the Sheet level trigger. 

As I was mentioning  in my above comment, 

Its behaving a bit weird actually. When I open the APP in the server the default filters are retained and it is working perfectly fine. 

But the same thing is not working in the Access Point. 😞

Regards

Ankhi

Or
MVP
MVP

How are you moving between sheets? If memory serves, at least in the past, OnActivateSheet only triggered if you clicked the sheet from the tabrow (You should be able to find some stuff about this by searching old posts on this forum, I think).

Ankhi
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi , 

I have got a Menu button, clicking which displays all the sheets in the current  dashboard. These are mainly text box and each text box has an action -- Activate Sheet- to open the desired required sheet. The tabrow property is hidden. I have attached a file for your reference

Or
MVP
MVP

This probably won't work, then. However, you should be able to use the text box's trigger to apply the selections instead, I believe?

Ankhi
Creator
Creator
Author

This works absolutely when I open my APP from local. But in the Access Point it does not. So not sure what is causing this discrepancy..