Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Desktop 11.2 – Creat a temporary Tab

Hello,

Can I create a temporary Tab to appears only a few seconds when we open the application?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Probably to replicate an annoying splash screen in QV

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

See if the attached helps. The NewTab will stay for 5 seconds and after 5 seconds, the Main tab will show up.

UPDATE: It is not completely working the way I expected, but I am looking into it.

Best,

Sunny

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi ,

what's the purpose of the temporary tab please?

Andy

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Probably to replicate an annoying splash screen in QV

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very Much Sunny T. That's waht I'm looking for 
Only one question:

Which function do you use to create vTime?

sunny_talwar

So currently is uses an OnOpen Trigger, but I think you can replace the OnOpen Trigger with Now(2). Now(2) Captures the time the application was opened.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny T, your response was perfect

But I'ving a issue when I put the cod in sheets.

I have a Macro to reload the Script when Active Document and when I open my document it while  open the Edit Module. Do you know what is this?

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand your question

Not applicable
Author

I will try to be more clear

I've one macro in my QVW to run the script when the application is open:

•           ActiveDocument.Reload

Using your code in my sheets, when the first sheet is opening my Qlikview lead me to the "Edit Module" page. I think that the function "ActiveDocument" and the Conditional Expression of Sheets are getting confuse. -

Do you know what's happening?

Thank your for your time

sunny_talwar

Won't really know until I see the issue and don't have much expertise with Macro, so might not even have a solution once I see it. I suggest creating a new thread, so that the Macro Experts in the community can help you better.