Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pernillet
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview Desktop in Crome

Hi you:)

We have a security problem, which means that our accesspoint only works in Chrome.

When I use the Desktop Qlivkview 12 version, and go to tools and use open i accesspoint. Then it goes to internetexplore.

how can make the disktop version open in Chrome instead?

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess that will not be possible. QV Desktop has strong ties with IE. WebView also uses IE exclusively, and cannot be made to use Chrome...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you're interested in the probable reason for this strong tie to IE: Internet Explorer consists of a collection of DLL libraries of which the HTML Rendering Engine is one. That DLL can be integrated into - and used in any third-party software that wants to display web pages in the easiest way (i.e. without inventing a completely new rendering engine).

It's a choice that Qlik Developers made a long time ago.

pernillet
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, in the QMC, I can change if qlikkweb shuld using IE or another SDK, and in disktop I can also add an SDK url, That why I thougth there migth be a solution to the problem.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, in the QMC you can change the client that can be used to open QlikView documents, or the default client if there are multiple possibilities.

There are currently only two clients: QlikView (IE plugin) or AJAX (any modern browser). In the AccessPoint, you can choose whether you want the IE plugin or a browser of choice (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or whatever). In QV Desktop you can probably only choose between QV Desktop itself (instead of the plugin) or IE because that one is embedded in QV Desktop.

It's not really a problem, it's just that QlikView Desktop is designed that way (and QV Desktop is not the typical QlikView user interface to visit the AccessPoint anyway).